Posts tagged "WindMill Marketing"
Facebook, Twitter, Television, and the Second Screen
via WindMill Marketing by Chris Treadaway
…And according to Mashable, it (Facebook) had roughly an 8-to-1 advantage over Twitter in terms ofOscar 2013 social interactions. So why is Twitter the alleged #1 social network for live events? A few reasons:
- Edgerank — News Feed real estate is and remains to be cherished by Facebook Users.
- Shelf life of a Tweet vs. Facebook Status Update — Tweets come & go during live events. Wait a second, and your screen is replaced with another dozen tweets or more depending on how many people you follow.
- Virality — Say something clever on Twitter, and millions of people might be exposed to it. That isn’t really possible on Facebook.
- Discoverability — Social chatter takes place on Facebook, but is happening on Users’ Profiles, Pages, and to a lesser extent in Groups. Twitter’s simplicity makes the chatter there appear to be more “alive”.
- Decorum — Facebook has emerged as the place for being careful about what you share. It has become our lifestream, a record of our lives. Twitter on the other hand is the record of our reactions. Twitter is where you let loose.